Monday, January 18, 2010

Greetings from the Cook-ing Monster

On a slow week, I work 45 to 50 hours. On busy weeks, I'm home only two or three nights. The rest of the time, I'm traveling to farflung and exotic locales such as Idaho Falls and Winston-Salem.

As much as I love traveling (and the miles, hotel points, and client-funded dinners that are my just reward for living like Alex, the woman in Up in the Air), I also love cooking. That said, my time for cooking is as slim as my patience for complex, time-consuming recipes.

The things I cook during the week all take less than an hour -- most of the time, much, much less. If I can open my garage at 6:30 and have dinner on the table by 7, I'm a happy girl. This blog will be dedicated most of the time to those weeknight kind of recipes. I'll also include some of my more involved recipes (but only if they're worth it) and tidbits from my trips and the restaurants and hotels I enjoy along the way.

For those of you who were privy to my other blog, this won't be as personal. But hopefully, in its own way, it will be just as rewarding! Thanks for reading, and I promise I'll be much better about reading your blogs in the new year.

Cheers!
Claire


2 comments:

  1. Yay! I had no idea that you had another blog, but I am thrilled that you started this one.

    ReplyDelete